Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I recently took a trip to Austin to visit my 93-year-old grandmother, and to see my fiance's sister in Austin. We flew into Austin and spent pretty much the best 24 hours I've ever had. Part of that great trip was the good conversation. We started up a conversation about art, and one of the things I've been looking seriously at is my photography. In community college I took a fantastic photog course that introduced me not only to the technique but also to the art. Henri Bresson, the decisive moment, and the art of the darkroom were major topics of discussion. Of course, this was all prior to the advent of the digital camera, flikr, and the everyman photographer. When anyone can capture the world with a camera, where's the voice in photography? How does one artist find a unique voice amongst the crash in this sea of voices?

Well, I can say one thing. You can't find your voice if you don't speak. I decided my first task was to simply take pictures of whatever I see that takes me. Many of the pictures are good but ho hum, and some are truly stunning. So, that being said. Here's one of my favorites :)

No comments:

Post a Comment