Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Upcoming Omaha Event - September


Fine Arts Festival - Village Pointe Mall, Omaha, NE Sept 19th and 20th

Everyone's favorite outdoor mall (in Nebraksa, you ask? so do I!) is playing host this weekend to over 60 local and regional artists in their Art on the Pointe Fall Fine Arts Festival. The festival runs all weekend, Saturday Sept 19th to Sunday Sept 20th. This is the 4th annual event displaying skilled work by our regions artist's. Come out and supportlocal art!

Village Pointe is located at 168th and West Dodge. In addition to the art festival, Village Pointe hosts a farmer's market every saturday, and holiday events such as their Harvest Festival which includes hayrides and other fall activities. I've personally never seen a mall so involved in fostering positive community events.

For more information, and a huge, full-color event map, pick up this week's Reader.

Sales at Joann's

I'm extremely excited about all the coupons I received in the current Joann's mailer. They have them all broken down by date blocks, so I think it's going to involve several trips. (Sorry Jeremy!) Sept 17th-19th they have patterns on sale for $1.99 to 3.99, a 40% and 50% coupon valid Sept 27th-Oct 3rd, and coupon commotion week with all kinds of crazy 40% off coupons, only valid Sept 20th to the 26th. I need a calendar just to keep it all straight! Ugh.

What really bums me out is that I've been struggling to get the hang of my Yudu silkscreening machine, and I noticed they will be having free Yudu machine demonstrations. Oh, but only at the big stores. Of which Omaha has none. The nearest big Joann's is Kansas City. They have a Trader Joe's too. Sometimes I feel like certain stores ignore Omaha because they don't realize what a big, hip town it is. They'd better get the message soon! Of the many things I miss about Chicago, Trader Joe's is one of the things I miss the most. And the giant Joann's. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment