Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Ah Fabric...*sigh*

I have discovered the joys of buying fabric on etsy. It's a dangerous joy, but well worth it.

Recently I spent nearly $100 on some of the most beautiful fabric I've ever seen, pictured here. I purchased it from fabricplace (fabricplace.etsy.com). I got it almost immediately. In addition, fabricplace gave me free shipping! And I have to say, it's so lovely I'm finding it hard to cut. I currently have it arrayed on my ironing board, which sits directly in front of my desk, in neat little piles of coordinating colors and prints.

I'm here now to tell you I have dedicated myself to creating with these fabrics. By the end of the week, my friends, I promise to have 3 lovely new aprons for sale in my etsy shop. I feel a frisson about this. It's going to be wonderful!

Just an FYI for all of you fabric lovers, I have a deal going on from my friends at fabric.com, where you can receive free shipping on orders of $35 or more.

FREE SHIPPING on orders $35+ from Fabric.com



My only caveat is that I'm working on an oversized carryall bag and my boyfriend has demanded I finish it before I move on. It shouldn't be too hard, since I'm in love with the print and the hugeness of it. I've posted a picture of the work-in-progress to the left here. It's a 100% upcycled piece made from things I've found in resale and thrift stores. I adore doing upcycle stuff. It's so exciting to find something for $1 at a thrift store and see the possibilities. Plus it's great for the environment!

1 comment:

  1. I love love love this bagbagbag! As a New Mexican it makes me think of home. It's really lovely!

    ReplyDelete